Film News

Telugu Reviews

Movie Stills

Gossips

Actress Photos

Box Office Collections

» » Priyanka Chopra: Never had a mentor or friends who knew about films

New Delhi: She enjoys star status in filmdom, but Priyanka Chopra says she missed having a guiding light in her journey. Now, as a prod...

Please click one of the buttons below to Read Full Post, Videos, Photos



New Delhi: She enjoys star status in filmdom, but Priyanka Chopra says she missed having a guiding light in her journey. Now, as a producer, the former beauty queen plans to promote fresh talent.

She calls herself a "baby producer", but the 32-year-old wants to launch new talent in the film world with small, but good projects.

Talking about a producer's role, Priyanka told IANS, "I didn't know I was going to produce films. I want to make small movies and introduce new talent."

She calls herself a "baby producer", but the 32-year-old wants to launch new talent in the film world with small, but good projects.

Priyanka, who made a successful transition from a beauty queen to an actress and is among the most formidable names in the Hindi film industry today, says the encouragement to venture into production came from her own experience.

"When I came into the film industry, I had no one to hold my finger and show me the way and say, 'This is the right direction'. I never had a mentor and I never even had friends who knew anything about films. So for me, it was a very lonely and scary journey, and somewhere I wanted to make a production house which is a place to introduce new talent - writers, directors, musicians and actors through maybe small, but good films," she said.

It is at this juncture that Madamji came knocking at her door.

Madamji, her maiden production venture, will be directed by Madhur Bhandarkar and it will star the National Award winning actress herself in the lead role. The shooting of the film is likely to begin towards the end of November.

"It so happened that Madhur came up to me with Madamji. Then I felt that if I do a film with Madhur, with whom I have a great working relationship (thanks to Fashion), and if I produce it, it will give me a good foothold in film production.

"I'm just a baby producer - nothing compared to the big films (producers) out there. So, it was a spontaneous decision to produce Madamji," added Priyanka, who has further strengthened her mark as an actress via Mary Kom this year.

Spontaneity is something that comes naturally to this beauty, who has gone beyond the realm of acting to establish herself in the international music scene, apart from making her presence felt on forums for girl child rights and the need for a green environment.

Priyanka says she never plans her moves.

"I'm extremely instinctive and spontaneous. So whatever comes my way, I just give it my best. I didn't know I would become a musician, I didn't even know I wanted to become an actress. I wanted to be an engineer! So, whenever I propose, God disposes. I've decided to let him only make my plans. The only thing I do is work really hard at every opportunity that's given to me, and to whatever instinctively I feel like doing," said the multi-talented star, who will next be seen in Zoya Akhtar's Dil Dhadakne Do and Bajirao Mastani.

One is an urbane movie and the other a period drama. An interesting variety - especially after a sports-based film like Mary Kom.

"I always pick interesting projects! It's a very conscious decision for me because I don't like to repeat myself. I get bored doing the same thing. As a person, I like variety and I like things to keep moving. As a professional, I love my job. I have spent my entire career learning it. I didn't go to film school or advisors. So, my career has been my film school. There's so much to learn and so much to do. There's just no end to it in this business. And maintaining variety is the key," she said.

Never had a mentor or friends who knew about ... - IBNLive
ibnlive.in.com › Movies › Bollywood
3 hours ago - New Delhi: She enjoys star status in filmdom, but Priyanka Chopra says she ... I never had a mentor and I never even had friends who knew ...
Priyanka Chopra Height Weight Body Statistics - Healthy ...
healthyceleb.com/priyanka-chopra-height-weight-body-statistics/518
Priyanka Chopra Height-169 cm, Weight-53 kg, Hair Color, Measurements ... Priyanka Chopra is a mentor and best friend of her cousin, Parineeti Chopra.
What We Learned Watching Priyanka Chopra as ...
dooleyonline.typepad.com/.../what-we-learned-watching-priyanka-chopr...
Sep 6, 2014 - Priyanka Chopra stars as Mangte Chungneijang Mary Kom - a.k.a. M.C. ... the scenes - teachers, coaches, mentors, colleagues, friends, family, ...
Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra Have SRK In Common!
businessofcinema.com/bollywood_news/...priyanka-chopra.../57672
Jan 18, 2013 - Priyanka Chopra, as is common knowledge, is an SRK-camp favourite. ... best friends in Bollywood i.e. Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra. ... share screen space with her mentor and favourite superstar all over again in ...
Priyanka Chopra - Digital Spy
www.digitalspy.com › Bollywood
9 hours ago - Priyanka Chopra: 'I didn't know I was going to produce films' ... I never had a mentor and I never even had friends who knew anything about ...
India's Top Female Film Star, Priyanka Chopra, to Receive ...
www.prnewswire.com/.../indias-top-female-film-star-priyanka-chopra-to...
With no friends or mentors in the film industry, Chopra, who is not afraid to experiment, followed her debut success with an unconventional part in "Aitraaz.
IBNLive
ibnlive.tumblr.com/post/.../never-had-a-mentor-or-friends-who-knew-ab...
Never had a mentor or friends who knew about films: Priyanka Chopra http:/. Never had a mentor or friends who knew about films: Priyanka Chopra
Facts about Priyanka Chopra | Priyanka Chopra
www.priyankachopra.net/facts
First Film : Thamizhan, a Tamil film for her role as “Priya” in 2002. Her first big hit ...Priyanka Chopra is a mentor and best friend of her cousin, Parineeti Chopra.
Alia Bhatt's 'Genius of the Year' Video Goes Viral; Priyanka ...
www.ibtimes.co.in › Entertainment › Celebrity
Aug 26, 2014 - Apart from Alia, the video features her father, mentor Johar, friendsArjun Kapoor and Parineeti Chopra. The short film, directed by Shakun ...
Never Had A Mentor Or Friends Who Knew About Films ...
moviesamachar.com/.../never-had-a-mentor-or-friends-who-knew-about...
Never had a mentor or friends who knew about films: Priyanka Chopra. She calls herself a "baby producer", but the 32-year-old wants to launch new talent in the ...

About Unknown

Admin and C.E.O: Ajay Ejjada
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments:

Leave a Reply

Trailers